Apply for Crime Victim Compensation
If you need emergency assistance with food, clothing or shelter call the United Way at 2-1-1. Send your application as soon as possible. Do not wait until court is over or until treatment is completed.
If you prefer to submit your application on paper, follow the instructions below:
For a fillable PDF application:
- Please usethis link to access a fillable application to download to your computer, complete and digitally sign.
- NOTE: You must download the document, save it to your computer, and open it in Adobe in order to activate the digital signature field
- Enter your information into the application (you can save your document as you go)
- Digitally sign and then date your application (you must have the document open in Adobe to activate the digital signature line)
- Save the application on your computer and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a hand-written application
- Open the Crime Victim Compensation Application and print.
- If you prefer that we mail an application to you, or for any assistance, please call our office toll-free at 1-800-446-6564.
- Use a pen to complete the application
- Sign and date your application
Submit your completed paper application by mail, fax or email. Enclose copies of crime-related medical bills received so far and send copies of any other bills as you get them.
Wisconsin Crime Victim Compensation Program
PO Box 7951
Madison, WI 53707-7951
Fax (608) 264-6368
Once your application is received, a specialist will be assigned to your claim. Request for additional information such as employment or medical records may be made.
Fillable and Printable Crime Victim Compensation Forms:
For assistance with your application call (800) 446-6564 or email email@example.com
Eligibility of all applications and payments is subject to Wisconsin law and review by the Crime Victim Compensation Program.