SUBMITTING INFORMATION REQUIRED Wis. Stat. § 118.07
November 30, 2018
Wis. Stat. § 118.07 requires public and private schools to submit the following information to the Office of School Safety. Please note that this requirement is independent of school safety grant funding. While grant applicants may have provided some of this information previously, the statutory requirements in Wis. Stat. § 118.07 apply to all schools, regardless of whether the school applied for grant funds.
By July 1, 2018, every school board and governing body of a private school must provide:
- blueprints (maps) of each school building and facility to the Office of School Safety and local law enforcement agencies [Wis. Stat. 118.07(4)(cf)]
By January 1, 2019, and before each January 1 thereafter, every school board and governing body of a private school must also file the following information with the Office of School Safety [Wis. Stat. 118.07(4)(e)]:
- a copy of its School Safety Plan, including the most recent date on which the school board or governing body reviewed and approved the school safety plan;
- the date(s) of the required annual School Violence Drill(s) during the previous year, including certification that the school board or governing body reviewed a required written evaluation of the school violence drill(s) (see the example under "School Safety Drills" on the "Resources" tab at left);
- the date of the most recent school safety plan training (required under 118.07(4)(c)), and the number of attendees
- the most recent date on which the school board or governing body consulted with a local law enforcement agency to conduct required on-site safety assessments.
How to Submit Information
The Office of School Safety has developed a Sharefile folder in order to provide one location to submit the required information. Here is a link to directions for accessing your account and how to proceed with uploading thereafter:
2022-2023 School Submission Checklist
The link to the Sharefile is found inside the above instructions, and is used to upload the required documents. Sharefile requires you to provide your name and email address, and will grant you access to only the school(s) for which you represent. Do not share this link with any person outside of your school, as Sharefile only allows access to those assigned to the folder.
Each school's folder contains subfolders for upload of the following documents:
- Safety assessments
- Safety plans
- Violence drills
- School safety training
Folders titled "Threat Assessments" and "Grant Certifications" do not require documents to be uploaded at this time, as they are for future use.
Please address any questions to
Thanks for everything you do to keep our students safe!