SUBMITTING INFORMATION REQUIRED Wis. Stat. § 118.07
November 30, 2018
Wis. Stat. § 118.07 requires public and private schools to submit the following information to the Office of School Safety. Please note that this requirement is independent of school safety grant funding. While grant applicants may have provided some of this information previously, the statutory requirements in Wis. Stat. § 118.07 apply to all schools, regardless of whether the school applied for grant funds.
By July 1, 2018, every school board and governing body of a private school must provide:
- blueprints (maps) of each school building and facility to the Office of School Safety and local law enforcement agencies [Wis. Stat. 118.07(4)(cf)]
By January 1, 2019, and before each January 1 thereafter, every school board and governing body of a private school must also file the following information with the Office of School Safety [Wis. Stat. 118.07(4)(e)]:
- a copy of its School Safety Plan, including the most recent date on which the school board or governing body reviewed and approved the school safety plan;
- the date(s) of the required annual School Violence Drill(s) during the previous year, including certification that the school board or governing body reviewed a required written evaluation of the school violence drill(s) (see the example under "School Safety Drills" on the "Resources" tab at left);
- the date of the most recent school safety plan training (required under 118.07(4)(c)), and the number of attendees
- the most recent date on which the school board or governing body consulted with a local law enforcement agency to conduct required on-site safety assessments.
SharePoint for School Safety submissions
The Office of School Safety (OSS) has changed the platform used for Wis. Stat. § 118.07 annual School Safety submissions. All school safety submissions will now be made to SharePoint.
Updated Submission Checklist Guidance
Checklists for the annual School Safety submissions will no longer be accepted into SharePoint. Documents submitted into SharePoint must be specifically those listed in Wis. Stat. § 118.07 due by January 1 of every year.
OSS SharePoint Tutorial Videos
OSS FAQ Transition to SharePoint
Step By Step Guide to School Submissions
Changes for folder access and point of contacts should be emailed to email@example.com