OCVS provides specific information for law enforcement personnel through our webpage on WILENET (Wisconsin Law Enforcement Network).
Quick links for Law Enforcement:
- Sample Victim Rights Notification Form:
- Crime Victim Compensation Program & List of Compensable Crimes Handout Poster 11x17 - English Poster 11x17 - Spanish
- List of service providers relating to Act 323 (updated to reflect changes during the 2013-2014 Legislative Session):
- Officer Involved Critical Incident
- Wis. Stat. § 175.47 requires that, in the event of the death of an individual as the result of an action or inaction by a law enforcement officer, the ensuing investigation must be conducted by an investigative team from an independent agency. The following is a summary of the statutory requirements for agencies involved in such cases:
- Officer-Involved Death Criminal Justice System Response