Making a Public Records Request for Department of Justice Records
- No special form is needed to submit your request.
- The response time will vary depending on the type of documents you seek, whether it is related to criminal activity and whether or not the case is closed.
- We respond to all requests as soon as practicable and without delay.
- Information on how to obtain records from the Department of Justice (DOJ) can be found in the DOJ Public Records Notice:
Public Records Notice [PDF]
- Information on fees for obtaining copies of DOJ records can be found in the DOJ Public Records Request Fee Schedule:
Public Records Request Fee Schedule [PDF]
- To request records, you may call the Office of Open Government at 608-267-2220 or send your written request to the attention of:
Paul M. Ferguson
Office of Open Government
Wisconsin Department of Justice
P.O. Box 7857
Madison, WI 53707-7857