Office of Crime Victim Services (OCVS) In-person Introductory Training for Victim Service Providers (ITVSP)
The Wisconsin Department of Justice, Office of Crime Victim Services (OCVS) In-person Introductory Training for Victim Service Providers (ITVSP) offers the opportunity to acquire essential skills and knowledge needed to assist victims of crime more effectively.
OCVS ITVSP includes five (5) components:
- The provides a brief overview of Wisconsin Department of Justice Victim Resource Center, the Crime Victim Rights Board, and the victims’ rights complaint process.
- The learning objective is to be able to identify new rights for crime victims under the constitutional amendment and understand and be able to identify rights for crime victims under Chapter 950 of Wisconsin State Statutes; understand rights enforcement options for crime victims to exercise and assert their rights.
- The learning objective is to increase awareness of the CVC program, know how to apply and learn basic information about the CVC program.
- The learning objective is to increase awareness of the SAFE Fund program and learn basic information about the SAFE Fund program.
- The learning objective is to know the basic information about the Safe at Home program and what makes a participant eligible, recognize the benefits and limitations of the program and how participants use their assigned address in a real-world context and understand how Victim/Witness professionals can ensure a Safe at Home participant’s address is protected.
The requirements to receive participation credit and certificate of completion for this training you must attend the full day in-person training and complete a brief post-test to confirm your knowledge of the information provided. The post-test link will be provided to you after the training on 11/10/2023.
Upon attending the training and passing the post-test the Certificate of Completion will be emailed to you within two to four weeks.
Contact us with questions or if you experience technical difficulties:
Office: (608) 264-9497