ONLINE - The Office of Crime Victim Services Online Introductory Training for Victim Service Providers
The Wisconsin Department of Justice, Office of Crime Victim Services (OCVS) Online Introductory Training for Victim Service Providers (ITVSP) offers the opportunity to acquire essential skills and knowledge needed to assist victims of crime more effectively. OCVS Online ITVSP includes five (5) components: History of Crime Victim Rights in Wisconsin, Enforcement of Crime Victims’ Rights in Wisconsin, Crime Victim Compensation (CVC), Sexual Assault Forensic Exam (SAFE) Fund, and Safe at Home. The requirement to receive participation credit and certificate of completion for this training is to watch the following pre-recorded training videos and complete a brief post-test to confirm your knowledge of the information provided.
- The History of Crime Victim Rights in Wisconsin provides a brief overview of Wisconsin Department of Justice Victim Resource Center, the Crime Victim Rights Board, and the victims’ rights complaint process.
- The Enforcement of Crime Victim Rights in Wisconsin learning objective is to be able to identify new rights for crime victims under the constitutional amendment and understand and be able to identify rights for crime victims under Chapter 950 of Wisconsin State Statutes; understand rights enforcement options for crime victims to exercise and assert their rights.
- The Crime Victim Compensation learning objective is to increase awareness of the CVC program, know how to apply and learn basic information about the CVC program.
- The SAFE Fund learning objective is to increase awareness of the SAFE Fund program and learn basic information about the SAFE Fund program.
- The Safe at Home learning objective is to know the basic information about the Safe at Home program and what makes a participant eligible, recognize the benefits and limitations of the program and how participants use their assigned address in a real-world context and understand how Victim/Witness professionals can ensure a Safe at Home participant’s address is protected.
Upon completion of viewing the training videos the post-test can be found online here.
This training meets the requirements for those grants funded by SAVS, VOCA, and VAWA.
Looking for help?
Contact us with questions or if you experience technical difficulties:
E-mail: Kay Ragland
Office: (608) 264-9497